Year 3 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Year 3's class page!
We're excited to begin the new year and start our new topics in Y3!
Our text for this half term is Stone Age Boy by Satoshi Kitamura which we will use to inspire our English lessons. Our writing outcome is to write a story from the point of view of the boy.
In Geography we will be developing our map reading and research skills using atlases, globes and digital maps. We will be exploring and comparing where we live to regions of Italy. Later in the term we will be learning all about volcanoes; their locations, causes and impact.
For more information about our topics this term see our Spring Term 1Topic Web.
- Mrs Watts teaches on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Mrs Thomson teaches on a Thursday and Friday.
- PE - our games lessons are alternate Tuesday/ Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure you all have suitable kit and that it is fully named (remember jogging bottoms as the weather gets colder). Our sessions this half term are Gymnastics and Hockey! We will also be doing extra exercise sessions at different times so it's important your kit is in school at all times.
- Enrichment activities - if you are doing any sport/outdoor activities you MUST bring a separate kit - PE kits are not to be used please.
- Library books will be changed on a Thursday, please don't bring them back before your library day.
- Make sure you bring a coat to school (named) every day even if it looks like a nice day.
Files to Download
Year 3 : Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display