Year 3 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 3's class page!
Our rainbows to spread cheer!
What an excellent start to the year we had last half term, ending with a fantastic Inside Out Arts Week! We have another busy and exciting half term ahead of us in Year 3.
Our text for this half term is Big Blue Whale by Nicola Davies which we will use to inspire our English lessons. Our writing outcome is to write an informative article about whales persuading for the protection of the blue whale.
In Geography we will continue to develop our map reading and research skills using atlases, globes and digital maps. We will be exploring and comparing where we live to regions of Italy. Later in the term we will be learning all about volcanoes; their locations, causes and impact.
For more information about our topics this term see our Spring Term 2 Topic Web.
- Mrs Watts teaches on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Mrs Thomson teaches on a Thursday and Friday.
- PE - our games lessons are alternate Tuesday/ Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure you all have suitable kit and that it is fully named (remember jogging bottoms as the weather gets colder). Our sessions this half term are Dance and Outdoor Adventurous Activities! We will also be doing extra exercise sessions at different times so it's important your kit is in school at all times.
- Enrichment activities - if you are doing any sport/outdoor activities you MUST bring a separate kit - PE kits are not to be used please.
- Library books will be changed on a Thursday.
- Make sure you bring a coat to school (named) every day even if it looks like a nice day.
Files to Download
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display